Covid 19 Measures in Effect at Royal Canadian Lodge
- June 10, 2021
June 10, 2021
Pool & Hot Tub: As of June 11, 2021: The pool and hot tub area are open with a limit on capacity and physical distancing requirements in place. Therefore, we have implemented a reservation system for in-house guests to book a 30 minute time slot to use the pool and hot tub area. The pool & hot tub are open from 9 am -11 pm daily.
- Reservations are accepted on a same day basis, in person by registered guests.
- Reservations open at 7am each morning for in-house guests to make appointments for the same day.
- In-house guests may contact the Front Desk (by phone or in person).
- Reservations for the area cannot be made before you check in. On arrival, guests may inquire about available time slots for the remainder of the day.
- Guests must maintain at least 3 meters (10 feet) physical distance
Unfortunately, during peak times (eg. evenings and weekends) we are unable to accommodate everyone who wishes to use the area. We are doing our best to accommodate as many guests as possible while remaining in compliance with Health and Safety guidelines for our business
Evergreen Restaurant & Lounge: As of June 10, Our Evergreen Restaurant & Lounge is open for service in the dining room, lounge, and patio or for room service orders. Seatings are limited to a maximum table of 6 persons from the same household. Breakfast runs from 7am-10 am daily. Dinner is available 4pm- 9pm Wednesday - Sunday.
(The restaurant is closed for dinner on Monday & Tuesday).
Grotto Spa: The Grotto Spa continues to offer massages. Appointments must be made in advance by calling 1-800-661-1379. Guests receiving spa treatments will not be granted access to the pool & hot tub area. Please arrive wearing your mask. Our therapist will ask Covid 19 related screening questions prior to your treatment.
Masks: Proper masks are required in all public indoor spaces in Banff as well as in the designated outdoor area of the Town of Banff which includes all of Banff Avenue, Bear Street and Lynx Street. This includes when your household is entering the lobby, in hotel hallways, elevators and picking up orders at the restaurant.
Housekeeping: Daily housekeeping service in occupied rooms is not offered at this time. Guests staying more than 3 nights may arrange servicing on the 3rd day of their stay by contacting the Front Desk “0”. Housekeeping will be completed while guests are out of their room. Coffee & Tea supplies are available on request from the Front Desk.
Other Information for your stay:
- To minimize contact at time of check in, we require you to present a credit card to establish an in-house account.
- We offer on-site, secure self-parking for $15 per night. (Subject to GST.) Valet Parking and Luggage handling service is not available until further notice.
- Social Distancing will be practiced in the lobby and throughout the hotel with indication markers in place. Please limit in person interactions with our employees to one member of your household at a time.
- Be aware of international travel restrictions and requirements in advance of your stay. Any self-isolation period must be completed before arriving at Royal Canadian Lodge.
- Our Guest Service Agents are asking screening questions upon your arrival. If you exhibit any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19, please contact us to cancel your stay. If you become ill during your stay, please inform our Front Desk immediately so that we can take proper precautions immediately.
Royal Canadian Lodge, as always, is committed to ensuring the Health and Safety
of our guests, our employees and our community.
- June 09, 2021
The season of sunshine and warmth is here in Banff National Park. One of the best ways to experience Banff National Park this summer will be to plan ahead.
- January 21, 2021
If the time is right for you to visit and explore Banff we have some great ideas and offers to help with your plan.
“Wonderful stay in Banff....”
“This hotel is in a great location. It is about a 10 minute walk into the shopping area in Banff. There are sidewalks all the way. We had a lovely corner room - the hotel was a very quiet place to stay. The staff at every level were polite and accommodating. There is underground parking. Lots of good places to eat within walking distance. Definitely on my list of great places to stay in Banff!”- Kathy A.
“This is our fifth stay in this hotel over the last several years. We always enjoy our stay here. It’s nice and quiet and comfortable. We had a king size room with fireplace and it was great. One thing that we really enjoy about this hotel is there swimming pool hot tub and steam room. It is absolutely beautiful in their pool area. It’s one of the best ones we’ve been too. The food in the restaurant is also very good. We definitely will be back again next year. ”- Robert T.
“The rooms were so nice. We stayed at a very famous luxury hotel the night before and our room at the Royal Canadian Lodge was much nicer for less than half the price! I will definitely be staying here again!”- Bryce B.
“We'll be back!”
“Our first trip to Banff and we are so pleased we stayed at The Royal Canadian. Heated, covered parking with your window cleaned every morning is representative of the small touches that separate this from other places. Hot cocoa and cookies every night in the lobby were the perfect ending to busy days. With John at the front desk, Jakob and Dillon as concierges, Rachel and Amber as servers, you're in great hands. No question went unanswered, down to how the most excellent rolls were made in hous”- John C.
“Stayed 4 nights. Great hotel. Friendly staff. Apples and oranges out for guests to enjoy, also hot apple cider. Pool, hot tub and steam room very nice. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Rooms cheaper then Moose Hotel which is a basic 2*. Even with parking at $15 A night. Still cheaper. Pros - beds, sheets, towels- wonderful. Spacious room. Easy access to downtown and all sights. Concierge Jorden and Spencer were wonderful.”- Mingxue